The Mets continue with their post MLB draft signing spree by signing OF Quinn Brodey, their third round pick.
The organization used their No. 97 pick to choose Brody, a junior at Stanford University. This past season, the 6’1″ lefty right fielder hit .314 with 11 home runs and 51 runs batted in. He held a .317 OBP and actually hit two inside-the-park home runs.
According to Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com, the Met signed Brody on Friday. He signed for $500,000 and the No. 97 pick was valued at $553, 200.
This signing comes just a couple of days after the Mets signed their second-round pick, third baseman/shortstop, Mark Vientos.
So far, the Mets have signed the following draft picks:
- Fourth-round pick RHP Tony Dibrell from Kennesaw State
- Sixth-round pick RHP Marcel Renteria from New Mexico State
- Seventh-round pick RHP Connor O’Neil from Cal State Northridge
- Eighth-round pick Trey Cobb from Oklahoma State
- Ninth-round pick RHP Cannon Chadwick from the University of Arkansas Fayetteville
- 10th-round pick RHP Stephen Villines from the University of Kansas
- 13th-round pick RHP Nate Peden from University High School
- 15th-round pick IF Dylan Snypes from Oral Roberts University
- 16th-round pick OF Raphael Gladu from Louisiana Tech
- 20th-round pick RHP Yadiel Flores from the Puerto Rico Baseball Academy
- 18th-round pick infielder Carl Stajduhar from University of New Mexico
- 21st-round pick LHP Aaron Ford from Tennessee Wesleyan College
- 22nd-round pick RHP Joshua Payne from West Texas A&M
- 23rd-round pick LHP Jose Sierra from Monroe College
- 24th-round pick RHP Joe Cavallaro from the University of South Florida
- 26th-round pick IF Gavin Garay from St. Petersburgh College
- 27th-round pick RHP Billy Oxford from Azusa Pacific University
- 28th-round pick infielder Jeremy Vasquez from Nova Southeastern University
- 29th-round pick RHP Liam McCall from First Coast High School
- 31st-round pick RHP Ryan Selmer from the University of Maryland
- 33rd-round pick RHP MacLeod Lozer from the University of Michigan
- 36th-round pick catcher Robby Kidwell from Brunswick Community College
- 37th-round pick LHP Joshua Walker from the University of New Haven
- 39th-round pick RHP Noah Nunez from Santana High School (California)
For a list of all who were picked by the Mets in the 2017 draft:
Edgardo Alfonzo’s son Daniel will forgo his selection with the organization to honor the commitment he had made with Adelphi University. For a look at the first twenty draft picks that were signed by the Mets, click here.