Mets sign third-round pick OF Quinn Brodey
By Michelle Ioannou
The Mets continue with their post MLB draft signing spree by signing OF Quinn Brodey, their third round pick.
The organization used their No. 97 pick to choose Brody, a junior at Stanford University. This past season, the 6’1″ lefty right fielder hit .314 with 11 home runs and 51 runs batted in. He held a .317 OBP and actually hit two inside-the-park home runs.
According to Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com, the Met signed Brody on Friday. He signed for $500,000 and the No. 97 pick was valued at $553, 200.
This signing comes just a couple of days after the Mets signed their second-round pick, third baseman/shortstop, Mark Vientos.
So far, the Mets have signed the following draft picks:
- Fourth-round pick RHP Tony Dibrell from Kennesaw State
- Sixth-round pick RHP Marcel Renteria from New Mexico State
- Seventh-round pick RHP Connor O’Neil from Cal State Northridge
- Eighth-round pick Trey Cobb from Oklahoma State
- Ninth-round pick RHP Cannon Chadwick from the University of Arkansas Fayetteville
- 10th-round pick RHP Stephen Villines from the University of Kansas
- 13th-round pick RHP Nate Peden from University High School
- 15th-round pick IF Dylan Snypes from Oral Roberts University
- 16th-round pick OF Raphael Gladu from Louisiana Tech
- 20th-round pick RHP Yadiel Flores from the Puerto Rico Baseball Academy
- 18th-round pick infielder Carl Stajduhar from University of New Mexico
- 21st-round pick LHP Aaron Ford from Tennessee Wesleyan College
- 22nd-round pick RHP Joshua Payne from West Texas A&M
- 23rd-round pick LHP Jose Sierra from Monroe College
- 24th-round pick RHP Joe Cavallaro from the University of South Florida
- 26th-round pick IF Gavin Garay from St. Petersburgh College
- 27th-round pick RHP Billy Oxford from Azusa Pacific University
- 28th-round pick infielder Jeremy Vasquez from Nova Southeastern University
- 29th-round pick RHP Liam McCall from First Coast High School
- 31st-round pick RHP Ryan Selmer from the University of Maryland
- 33rd-round pick RHP MacLeod Lozer from the University of Michigan
- 36th-round pick catcher Robby Kidwell from Brunswick Community College
- 37th-round pick LHP Joshua Walker from the University of New Haven
- 39th-round pick RHP Noah Nunez from Santana High School (California)
Next: Cabrera asks to be traded
For a list of all who were picked by the Mets in the 2017 draft:
First round: LHP David Peterson
Second round: 3B Mark Vientos
Third round: OF Quinn Brodey
Fourth round: RHP Tony Dibrell
Fifth round: OF Matt Winaker
Sixth – tenth rounds
Edgardo Alfonzo’s son Daniel will forgo his selection with the organization to honor the commitment he had made with Adelphi University. For a look at the first twenty draft picks that were signed by the Mets, click here.