What sluggish start?
After closing to within one game of the Washington Nationals, the red-hot New York Mets are taking a well deserved rest Thursday evening before resuming their march on first place Friday against the visiting San Francisco Giants.
More from Rising Apple
- New York Mets 2020 Rising Apple Round Robin Superlatives
- Mets: What’s the cause of Pete Alonso slumping through 2020?
- NY Mets roster has been bizarrely mishandled this season
- Mets: Dominic Smith benefits most with Yoenis Cespedes opting out
- Mets: When the roster goes to 28 who will be left out in the cold?
This afternoon’s Phillies victory over the Nationals, however, now puts the Mets just one-half game out of first place. And so the Rising Apple Report therefore decided to kick things up another notch tonight in their place.
How hot are they? The Mets returned to Citi Field on Monday after a victorious 7-2 road trip. They’re winners of 11 of their last 13 games, and in the midst of a 6-game winning streak via consecutive series sweeps over the Braves and Reds.
Fellow staff writers Sam Maxwell, Rich Sparago, and I, will review player performances and the Mets’ successful, albeit unfinished month of April, and ponder where they go from here.
The 131st episode of the Rising Apple Report kicks off Thursday evening at 9:00pm ET sharp!
BlogTalkRadio link: Ep. #131 Rising Apple Report
As always, we welcome you to phone the show at 646-929-0337,
and join our spirited, never ending Metsian discussion.