Game Recap: Mets lose to Red Sox 4-3 in Fort Myers
Matt Harvey tossed four scoreless innings and Noah Syndergaard allowed two runs in 2.2 innings of work as the Mets lost to the Red Sox by the score of 4-3 on Monday afternoon in Fort Myers.
The story of the game was Matt Harvey, who looked more like he did in his first start of the Spring than his most recent start, while tossing four scoreless frames.
The Mets’ runs came on run-scoring hits by John Mayberry, Jr. and Anthony Recker in the second inning and an RBI single by Curtis Granderson in the third.
Trailing 3-0, the Red Sox scored two runs off Noah Syndergaard in the sixth and another against Sean Gilmartin in the eighth to tie things, 3-3.
With the game tied in the ninth inning, Cory Mazzoni‘s bases-loaded offering got past Kevin Plawecki to allow the winning run to score.
- Matt Harvey tossed four scoreless innings while allowing three hits, walking none, and striking out three. His Spring ERA is 2.08.
- Noah Syndergaard allowed two runs on three hits in 2.2 innings, walking one and striking out two.
- Juan Lagares, Michael Cuddyer, and John Mayberry, Jr. each went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Dilson Herrera went 0-for-3.
The Mets return to Port St. Lucie to host the Marlins on Tuesday at 1:10 PM.
More from New York Mets News
- NY Mets: Trade market for starting pitchers feels non-existent
- NY Mets need to call the Athletics about a Matt Chapman trade
- NY Mets dream starting lineup for the 2022 season
- NY Mets offseason makeover might be a simple “She’s All That” situation
- NY Mets: 8 Ex-Amazins who killed it with other teams in 2021