Mets Spring Training Recap: February 25
By Danny Abriano
4 of 4
Feb 25, 2014; Ft Myers, FL, USA; Minnesota Twins starting pitcher Sean Gilmartin (83) poses during photo day at Hammond Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
Terry Collins said that Rule 5 draftee Sean Gilmartin will get a long look during Spring Training as the potential second lefty in the bullpen.
Gilmartin, 24, has been primarily a starting pitcher during his career, but his platoon splits make him an ideal candidate to be a lefty specialist.
Competing with Gilmartin for the second lefty job should be Dario Alvarez, Scott Rice, and Jack Leathersich.
More from New York Mets News
- NY Mets: 3 offseason predictions from 3 different fans
- NY Mets Monday Morning GM: Haunting Dominic Smith trade conundrum
- NY Mets: Too early 2022 Opening Day pitching staff predictions
- NY Mets: 5 key thoughts on a trade for All-Star Jose Ramirez
- NY Mets: How patient should we be with the Steve Cohen regime?