Wayne Randazzo joins WOR booth for Mets broadcasts
In an announcement made earlier Thursday, it was revealed that Wayne Randazzo will join the 710 WOR-AM broadcast team as the new Mets pregame and postgame host.
Previously, Randazzo was a sports anchor and talk show host for WSCR and WBBM in Chicago. He also worked on nationally televised and radio broadcast games for ESPN, the Big Ten Network, the MLB Network, and Sports USA.
Randazzo will host a 30 minute pregame show on WOR before every regular season game in addition to a 30 minute postgame show. He will join Howie Rose and Josh Lewin in the booth.
When asked about the new gig, Randazzo said:
"I want to thank the Mets and WOR for this amazing opportunity. The Mets fan base is one of the most passionate in all of baseball. I look forward to working alongside Howie Rose and Josh Lewin, one of the best radio broadcast teams in baseball, to bring Mets fans great memories for many seasons to come. This is certainly an exciting time for the Mets and fans."
Randazzo will make his WOR debut in March.
More from New York Mets News
- NY Mets: Trade market for starting pitchers feels non-existent
- NY Mets need to call the Athletics about a Matt Chapman trade
- NY Mets dream starting lineup for the 2022 season
- NY Mets offseason makeover might be a simple “She’s All That” situation
- NY Mets: 8 Ex-Amazins who killed it with other teams in 2021