Mar 11, 2014; Jupiter, FL, USA; New York Mets third basemanWilmer Flores
(4) throws out a St. Louis Cardinals base runner at Roger Dean Stadium. The Mets defeated the Cardinals 9-8. Mandatory Credit: Scott Rovak-USA TODAY Sports
- Bobby Parnell was placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 1. Parnell will rest for two weeks before beginning a throwing program. The success of the throwing program will determine whether Parnell eventually has to undergo surgery on the partially torn UCL in his right elbow.
- To replace Parnell on the roster, RHP Kyle Farnsworth was called up from Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Daniel Murphy was officially placed on the paternity list. Murphy will be away from the team anywhere from 1 to 3 days. He’ll be back with the club no later than Saturday.
- To reaplace Murphy on the roster, infielder Wilmer Flores was called up from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Parnell will be out at least until the third week of April, and likely longer. Farnsworth was the first pitcher called upon, but Vic Black will probably replace one of the relievers (Farnsworth or someone else) in the not too distant future.