Friday in Montreal, the Mets took on the Blue Jays at Olympic Stadium in Montreal.
Mar 28, 2014; Montreal, Quebec, CAN; New York Mets pitcherJenrry Mejia
(58) throws the ball in the third inning against the Toronto Blue Jays at the Olympic Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports
*Jenrry Mejia pitched well, but was removed in the bottom of the fifth after a comebacker struck him in the forearm. He was diagnosed with a forearm bruise, and was headed for precautionary x-rays after the game.
The Mets got on the board in the fourth, when a two-run double off the bat of Chris Young made it 2-0.
The Blue Jays got a run back in the bottom of the fourth when Jose Bautista hit a solo homer to left.
In the top of the fifth, the Mets went ahead 3-1 when Daniel Murphy stroked an RBI double down the left field line.
In the bottom of the sixth, the Jays drew within 3-2 when Edwin Encarnacion was driven in on a sacrifice fly to foul territory in left field.
The Mets got that run back in the top of the seventh when Travis d’Arnaud smoked a leadoff homer to left to give the Mets a 4-2 lead.
The Blue Jays tied the game in the bottom of the seventh when Edwin Encarnacion delivered a two-run single to make it 4-4.
- Jenrry Mejia gave up 1 run on 5 hits in 4 + innings pitched. He walked 1 and struck out 3.
- Juan Lagares went 1 for 4.
- Travis d’Arnaud went 1 for 3 with a solo homer.
- Eric Young, Jr. went 1 for 4.
- David Wright went 2 for 4 with a run scored.
- Chris Young went 1 for 3 with a double and 2 RBIs.
- Ruben Tejada went 1 for 4 with a run scored.
- Daniel Murphy went 1 for 4 with an RBI.
- Carlos Torres gave up 1 run in 2 innings pitched. He walked 1 and struck out 1.
- Gonzalez Germen gave up 2 runs on 3 hits in an inning of work.
The Mets wrap up their spring training slate Saturday when they face the Blue Jays in Montreal at 1:05 PM.