Sunday in Port St. Lucie, a split squad Mets team took on the Nationals.
Mar 23, 2014; Port St. Lucie, FL, USA; New York Mets starting pitcher Jenrry Mejia (58) throws against the Washington Nationals at Tradition Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brad Barr-USA TODAY Sports
Jenrry Mejia got the start for the Mets and allowed a run on an infield single in the first as the Nationals took a 1-0 lead. From there, Mejia dominated the Nationals and the Mets fought back.
After the Mets took the lead, Jeurys Familia and Bobby Parnell shut down the Nats to seal the victory.
- Jenrry Mejia started and tossed 5 tremendous innings. His line: 5 IP, 1 run on 2 hits, 1 walk and 6 strikeouts. His ERA this spring is 2.89.
- Jeurys Familia worked around a single to contribute a scoreless frame.
- Curtis Granderson hit a 2 run homer and went 1 for 2 with 2 runs scored, 2 RBI’s, and a walk.
- Lucas Duda went 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Ruben Tejada went 1 for 4.
- David Wright went 0 for 2 with a walk.
- Andrew Brown went 1 for 3 with an RBI.
- Bobby Parnell hit a batter but closed things out with a scoreless 9th.
The Mets take on the Cardinals Monday afternoon at 1:10 PM. The game will air on SNY.