Friday in Fort Myers, the Mets took on the Twins.
Mar 15, 2014; Port St. Lucie, FL, USA; New York Mets starting pitcher Dillon Gee (35) delivers a pitch against the Minnesota Twins at Tradition Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
The Mets annihilated Twins starter Ricky Nolasco in the top of the first inning, scoring 7 runs. The big blows for the Mets in the first were an RBI double by Ike Davis and a 2 run homer by Taylor Teagarden.
The Mets took a 9-0 lead in the fourth when Lucas Duda – in his first game back from a hamstring injury – crushed a 2 run homer.
In the bottom of the fourth, Wilkin Ramirez contributed a sacrifice fly to get Minnesota on the board and close out the scoring.
- Dillon Gee was sharp in 5.1 innings of work. He gave up 1 run on 5 hits, walked none and struck out 4.
- Juan Lagares went 0 for 4.
- Ike Davis went 3 for 3 with a walk. He had 2 RBI’s and a run scored.
- Lucas Duda went 1 for 3 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI’s.
- Ruben Tejada went 1 for 3 with a walk.
- Gonzalez Germen, Jeurys Familia, and Carlos Torres all tossed scoreless innings.
The Mets travel to take on the Marlins tomorrow at 1:05 PM. Bartolo Colon gets the start for New York.