Mets Notes from Spring Training: 3/28
By Danny Abriano
News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- David Wright, who played five innings at third base this afternoon in a minor league game, wants to play on the major league side tomorrow. It appears that he’s on track to be ready for Opening Day.
Sep 27, 2012; Flushing, NY,USA; New York Mets second basemanDaniel Murphy
(28) singles to center allowing a runner to score during the fifth inning against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Citi Field. Mandatory Credit: Anthony Gruppuso-US PREWIRE
- Former Mets manager Bobby Valentine will be an in-studio analyst 12 to 15 times this season, appearing on both the pregame and postgame shows on SNY.
- As noted below, Daniel Murphy (intercostal) is making his Grapefruit League debut this afternoon. Murphy’s inclusion in the lineup is a sign that the Mets expect him to be ready for Opening Day. If there were doubts as to his readiness, the Mets would’ve kept him in minor league games to keep the option of backdating a potential DL stint open.
- The Mets travel to Viera to take on the Nationals this afternoon at 1:05 PM. The game will be aired nationally on ESPN. Here’s the Mets’ lineup:
- Collin Cowgill, LF
- Daniel Murphy, 2B
- Lucas Duda, 1B
- Mike Baxter, RF
- Zach Lutz, 3B
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis, CF
- Anthony Recker, C
- Omar Quintanilla, SS
- Domingo Tapia, RHP
Thanks for reading! Be sure to Like Rising Apple’s Facebook page and follow @RisingAppleBlog on Twitter to keep up with the latest news, rumors, and opinion.