Mets Notes from Spring Training: 3/20
By Danny Abriano
News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- The Mets are planning to carry two lefties in the bullpen, which likely means that either Greg Burke or Jeurys Familia will be left off the roster.
March 01, 2013; Port St Lucie, FL, USA; New York Mets second basemanJustin Turner
(2) works out as managerTerry Collins
(10) looks on prior to the spring training game at Tradition Field. Mandatory Credit: Brad Barr-USA TODAY Sports
- Per Adam Rubin, outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis (bruised knee) is scheduled to play three defensive innings and take at bats today in a minor league game.
- Justin Turner will resume all baseball related activity today, but won’t be accompanying the team to Kissimmee to play the Astros. Turner said his ankle is healed and that he plans to play in a game tomorrow as long as he comes out of today’s activity feeling fine.
- David Wright (moderately strained left intercostal) told the beat writers today that being ready for Opening Day is “his goal.”
- The Mets travel to Kissimmee tonight to play the Astros at 6:05 PM. The game won’t be on local TV or radio, but can be followed via MLB Gameday. Here’s the Mets’ lineup:
- Jordany Valdespin, 2B
- Collin Cowgill, LF
- Ike Davis, 1B
- Marlon Byrd, CF
- Lucas Duda, DH
- John Buck, C
- Mike Baxter, RF
- Ruben Tejada, SS
- Brian Bixler, 3B
RHP Dillon Gee gets the start for the Mets. Also scheduled to pitch are Greg Burke, Josh Edgin, Jeurys Familia, and Pedro Feliciano.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to Like Rising Apple’s Facebook page and follow @RisingAppleBlog on Twitter to keep up with the latest news, rumors, and opinion.