Rising Apple Top Ten: Who Needs Iron Man?
Ladies and gentlemen, here is this week’s Top Ten list!
This Week’s Category: Top Ten Things David Wright Hopes to Accomplish at the World Baseball Classic
Mar 12, 2013; Miami, FL, USA; United States third baseman David Wright (5) hits an rbi base hit against Puerto Rico at Marlins Park. United States defeated Puerto Rico 7-1. Mandatory Credit: Scott Rovak-USA TODAY Sports
Unless you’ve been living under a rock where they don’t have baseball coverage, you’ll know David Wright is leading Team USA in this year’s World Baseball Classic. Before missing last night’s 3-1 loss to Puerto Rico with a sore back (get well soon, David), he has accounted for 10 RBIs in four WBC games. He’s done so well, in fact, that numerous media outlets have been calling Wright “Captain America.” So here now, we have ten things he may be looking to accomplish en route to leading America to WBC glory (or, at least, a good distraction from the fact we’re still half a month from Opening Day).
Top Ten Things David Wright Hopes to Accomplish at the World Baseball Classic
10. Reboot Miami Vice with Brandon Phillips
9. Get Marlins Park attendance up to 50% capacity
8. Annex both Canada and Mexico as part of a brokered peace agreement between the teams
7. Make fun of R.A. Dickey‘s and Jose Reyes‘s Canadian accents
6. Hit like an Italian, field like a Scotsman, run like a Lithuanian. Or something.
5. Sign on as Chris Evans’s brave, young sidekick “Bat Boy” in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Relegate Chris Evans to the role of brave, young sidekick “Bat Boy” in Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Screw Chris Evans, change title of Captain America: The Winter Soldier to Captain America: Avengers in the Outfield (Or, You Know, Whoever Can Make It)
2. Hit as well as Jason Bay has this spring
1. Win so he can represent World in the Universe Baseball Classic
Have other items that should be on Captain America’s WBC To-Do List? How about our next topic? Post it in the comments section. Maybe you’ll see your name next week on the Rising Apple Top Ten.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to Like Rising Apple’s Facebook page and follow @RisingAppleBlog on Twitter to keep up with the latest news, rumors, and opinion.