Notes from Spring Training: 2/19
By Danny Abriano
News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- According to a source, Daniel Murphy received a cortisone shot this afternoon during his visit to the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. The fact that Murphy received the shot seems to rule out the injury being more serious than first reported, but that has yet to be confirmed.
- Per Andy Martino of the Daily News, Daniel Murphy was examined today in New York as scheduled, and is expected to return to camp tomorrow. There has been no formal update provided yet on his intercostal injury.
- Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports from Mets camp, and quotes a rival general manager who feels the Mets will finish around .500, and says there are Mets “bigwigs” who feel the team may contend. Read his report here.
- Adam Rubin notes that Frank Francisco, who has been shut down with elbow inflammation, may be cleared to begin “light baseball tossing” by the weekend.
Feb 15, 2013; Port St. Lucie, FL, USA; New York Mets pitcher Gregg Burke during spring training at Legends Field. Mandatory Credit: John Munson/THE STAR-LEDGER via USA TODAY Sports
- Today is the first day of live batting practice. The following pitchers are scheduled to throw: LaTroy Hawkins, Gonzalez Germen, Scott Rice, Collin McHugh, Greg Burke, Brandon Lyon, Pedro Feliciano, and Robert Carson.
- Mike Piazza is giving yet another interview, tonight at 11:30 PM with Jimmy Kimmel (on ABC).
- Per the Mets, single game tickets for this season go on sale Friday, 3/1 via Mets.com and (718) 507 – TIXX.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to Like Rising Apple’s Facebook page and follow@RisingAppleBlog on Twitter to keep up with the latest news, rumors, and opinion.