GAME 1 RECAP: Mets Sink Reds, 4-2
By Unknown author
Ah, I almost forgot what a win felt like. After a disastrous series against the last-place Marlins, the Mets came roaring back against the much more competent Reds. R.A. Dickey pitched a good game, hurling 6.6 innings, giving-up eight hits, two earned-runs, one walk, while striking-out seven batters. The bullpen didn’t betray him either, collectively throwing 2.3 scoreless innings, including Jason Isringhausen‘s third save. The Mets offense only scored four runs, but it was more than enough for the win. Dan Murphy and Jason Bay had three doubles and three RBI between them. The victory bumps the team back up to the .500 clip.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- R.A. Dickey pitched 6.6 innings, giving-up eight hits, two earned-runs, one walk, while striking-out seven batters. Dickey is now 5-8 on the season.
- Jason Isringhausen recorded save number three with a scoreless inning.
- Angel Pagan sat-out the game after being removed the day before due to dehydration. Jason Pridie took his palce, and went 1-4.
- David Wright went 2-5 with a run-scored. Wright also made his sixth error this season, and his third error since coming back off the DL.
- Justin Turner went 2-3 in the second hole. He also collected a walk and a run.
- Dan Murphy provided most of the Mets offense, with two doubles and two RBI.
- Jason Bay chipped-in a RBI-double.