A day after losing 8-1, the Mets offense took charge, scoring a whopping fourteen runs. Lucas Duda led the Mets with four RBI, Carlos Beltran chipped-in three RBI, and Dan Murphy and Josh Thole collected two RBI each. While the Mets offense starred, Jonathon Niese wasn’t exactly a slouch. Niese hurled 5.6 innings, giving-up six hits, two earned-runs, two walks, while striking-out seven batters.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jon Niese pitched 5.6 solid innings, giving-up six hits, two earned-runs, two walks, and seven strikeouts. Niese is now 7-6.
- Jose Reyes went 2-6 with two runs, and his 27th stolen base.
- Willie Harris, who started at DH, went 2-6 with two runs, a RBI, and a stolen base.
- Carlos Beltran smacked a triple, and also collected two singles, three RBI, and three runs.
- Dan Murphy pick-up a two-RBI single, and also scored two runs.
- Lucas Duda had a career-day. The first baseman recorded three doubles, four RBI, and two runs-scored.
- Josh Thole hit a double, single, drew a walk, and chipped-in two RBI, and two runs-scored.