Chris Capuano pitched a solid game for the Mets, hurling six innings, giving-up eight hits, two earned-runs (three total), three walks, while striking-out five batters. Justin Turner made a throwing error in the second inning on a groundball by Peter Bourjos, which allowed Howie Kendrick to score. That run ended up being the key difference. Despite an eighth inning run, the Mets were unable to comeback from last night’s duel with the Angels.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jose Reyes took advantage of his lone on-base appearance (a walk), as he stole his 24th base of the season.
- Justin Turner drew two walks and scored a run, but he also made a key error which led to a run.
- Dan Murphy collected his 2nd triple this season.
- Angel Pagan went 2-4 with two RBI, a walk, and his 10th stolen base.
- The Jason Bay “hit parade” continued, as the former slugger poked a single (and scored a run).
- Ronny Paulino hammered two doubles, and also knocked-in a RBI.
- Chris Capuano pitched six respectable innings, giving-up eight hits, three runs (two earned), three walks, and five strikeouts. He was saddled with the loss (his 7th).
- Bobby Parnell didn’t relieve Capuano particularly well. Parnell pitched two innings, but surrendered a run on two hits. He also struck-out a batter.