The Pirates never had a chance. The combination of Dillon Gee‘s sparkling performance and the Mets relentless offense was too much for Pittsburgh. Gee hurled eight dominant innings, allowing eight hits, one earned-run, zero walks, and five strike-outs. It was his seventh win of 2011. Jose Reyes and Angel Pagan did most of the damage with the bats, combining for five hits, including a double, triple, homerun, two RBI, and four runs-scored. The win puts the Mets just one game below the .500 mark.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dillon Gee pitched eight innings–the most of his career in a single game–and surrendered eight hits, just one earned-run, zero walks, while striking-out five batters. The win bumps him up to 7-0 on the season.
- Jose Reyes went 3-5 with his second homerun of 2011. Reyes also chipped in two singles, one RBI, and two runs-scored.
- Justin Turner smacked an two-RBI single, scored a run, and stole his fifth bag.
- Carlos Beltran collected a single, RBI, and drew two walks.
- Dan Murphy hit first triple since 2009.
- Angel Pagan picked-up a double and triple, as well as a RBI and two runs-scored.
- Josh Thole quietly recorded three singles and a RBI.
- Tim Byrdak finished the game with a scoreless inning. Terry Collins surprising (and thankfully) did not go with Francisco Rodriguez.