Scoring as many runs as possible against the Atlanta Braves is always a must, and the game last night is proof. The Mets quickly got-off to a 6-0 lead, thanks to the bats of Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran and a fine pitching performance by R.A. Dickey, but almost lost it in the ninth when the Braves scored three runs off Manny Acosta and Francisco Rodriguez (who is Diory Hernandez?). Regardless of the close call, a win is a win (and the Mets have two of them against the Braves in the series).
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- R.A. Dickey pitched eight innings, giving-up just four hits, one walk, while striking-out three batters. It was his third win of 2011.
- Manny Acosta and Francisco Rodriguez combined for one inning, two hits, three earned-runs, one walk, and two strike-outs.
- Francisco Rodriguez now has 22 finished games, and is on-pace to finish a whooping 60+ games. You can “follow” his finished games (apparently) @KRodTracker.
- Jose Reyes went 2-4 with a double, walk, RBI, and two runs-scored.
- Justin Turner contributed his twenty-fourth RBI.
- Dan Murphy went 2-3 with a walk.
- Carlos Beltran smacked a RBI-double before exiting the game after fouling a ball off his leg.
- Ruben Tejada continued to hit at the Major League level, going 1-3 with a walk, RBI, and run-scored.