The Mets wasted yet another stellar pitching effort by a starter. This time, it as Mike Pelfrey. Big Pelf pitched 7.6 innings, giving-up four hits, two earned-runs, two walks, and striking-out six batters. But the bullpen couldn’t preserve the lead. The ‘pen collectively surrendered three earned-runs on four hits, and one walk, handing the Phillies the game, and preventing Pelfrey from notching a much-deserved win.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mike Pelfrey hurled 7.6 innings, giving-up four hits, two earned-runs, two walks, and striking-out six batters. Despite the effort, he was not factored into the decision.
- Jose Reyes went 2-4 with a double, two scored-runs, and two stolen bases. Reyes now has nineteen stolen bases on the season.
- Justin Turner went 1-4 with a stolen base and RBI. Turner now has nineteen RBI in the month of May.
- Angel Pagan stole his sixth base of 2011 (he was also caught-stealing for the first time).
- Mike O’Connor was handed his first loss, surrendering the lead, and an earned-run without even recording an out.