Sometimes the best moments are short and sweet. That was the case with the rain-stunted, seven inning game against the Chicago Cubs tonight. Dillon Gee out-dueled Casey Coleman, pitching six innings while giving-up four hits, four earned-runs, two walks, and striking-out four batters. Every Mets hitter–except Gee–recorded at least one hit, and chased Coleman for six earned runs in just one-and-one-third innings. The win bumps the Mets up to 23-25.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jose Reyes, Jason Pridie, and Ruben Tejada all had two-hit games.
- Carlos Beltran went 2-3 with a double, triple, two RBI, and two runs-scored.
- Dan Murphy collected RBI number fourteen and fifteen with just one swing of the bat (a single).
- Justin Turner bounced back after a few RBI-less nights, going 1-3 with a RBI-single, and run-scored.
- Dillon Gee hurled six solid innings, giving up four hits, four earned-runs, two walks, while striking-out four batters. It was his fourth win of the season (and he’s yet to record a loss).