Big Pelf couldn’t keep his mean streak alive against the Yankees. Pelfrey pitched six innings of eight-hit, five earned-run baseball, walking two batters, while striking-out four. Opposing pitcher Ivan Nova let-up a ton of hits (eleven), but barely any reached home (three earned-runs). Jason Bay, Willie Harris, and Fernando Martinez all had multi-hit games, but the [unfortunate] highlight was Pedro Beato surrendering his first earned-runs on the season (two to be exact). The Mets are now two games below the .500 mark.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mike Pelfrey pitched six innings, giving-up eight hits, five earned-runs, two walks, and struck-out four batters. It was his fourth loss.
- Pedro Beato surrendered two earned-runs in just one-third of an inning. They were his first two earned-runs of the season.
- Jason Bay went 2-4 with a run-scored. The left-fielder has posted a .280/.375/.320 line over his past 33 plate appearances.
- Fernando Martinez chipped-in two hits, and a run-scored.
- Willie Harris, who got the nod at third-base, went 3-4 with a RBI and run-scored.
- Jason Pridie knocked-in a RBI and stole his fourth base of 2011.