Dillon Gee lost his pinpoint command towards the end, but it didn’t prevent him from shutting-out the Nationals over 7.6 innings. Gee only surrendered two hits and three walks, while striking-out three batters. The youngster also took him his third win of the season. Livan Hernandez too pitched a great game, but Justin Turner’s RBI-single was enough offense to carry the Mets to victory. The Mets are now 21-22, just one game below the .500 clip.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dillon Gee notched his third win in 2011 behind a sterling 7.6 inning/three-hit shut-out. Gee gave-up just two hits and three walks, while striking-out three batters. The righty lowered his ERA to 3.44.
- Jason Bay’s bat came alive, smacking three hits, including his fourth double of the season.
- Justin Turner drew a walk and knocked-in the game’s only RBI with a single in the fourth inning.
- Ruben Tejada, who was just called up the other day, went 2-3. It was his ninth multi-hit game in his Major League career.
- The Mets bullpen combined for 1.3 scoreless innings, including a key out by Tim Byrdak, and Francisco Rodriguez’s fourteenth save.