The first game (of many) without the now-injured David Wright didn’t go as poorly as expected. Mike Pelfrey matched ace pitcher Josh Johnson, but a single from Marlins reliever Burke Badenhop in the eleventh inning was too much for the Mets to overcome (even though Jon Niese’s pinch-hit triple in the bottom half of the inning made things close). Mike Pelfrey has now looked good in his past three starts, so despite the non-decision, Big Pelf should be very pleased with himself (seven innings, six hits, one earned-run, two walks, and one strike-out).
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mike Pelfrey pitched seven innings, giving-up six hits, one earned-run, two walks, and striking-out one batter. He got the no-decision.
- Jon Niese had a pinch-hit triple in the bottom of the eleventh, but Jose Reyes failed to knock him in to tie-up the game.
- Jose Reyes went 2-5 with a walk, and two stolen-bases.
- Carlos Beltran went 1-3 with two walks.
- Justin Turner went 2-5 with a RBI-double.
- Ryota Igarashi was saddled with the loss after surrendering three hits and one earned-run in an inning of work.