It took five innings for the Mets to score off Astros starter Aneury Rodriguez, but it happened. And it happened often. The Mets scored seven runs in two innings, mostly due to Justin Turner’s bat. The second baseman hit a double and home-run, knocking in five RBI. Mets starter Chris Capuano held up his end of the bargain, giving-up just two earned-runs in five innings. The New York Mets are now 19-21 on the season.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jose Reyes made the most of his walk, stealing two bases.
- Josh Thole, who hit in the second spot, drew two walks.
- Jason Pridie went 1-3 with a walk, RBI, and run-scored.
- Dan Murphy went 1-3 with a walk, and two runs-scored.
- Justin Turner was the star of the day, knocking-in five RBI off of a double and a home-run.
- Chris Capuano won his third game in 2011, hurling five innings, giving-up six hits, two earned-runs, three walks, while striking-out six batters.
- Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless inning, notching his twelve save this season.