The Houston Astros bounced back in an authoritative manner after losing a close game in yesterday’s contest. Starter J.A. Happ threw six innings of five-hit, two earned-run ball, and Astros hitters had a field day off of the struggling R.A. Dickey. Dickey served-up two home-runs to Bill Hall and Matt Downs, surrendering six earned-runs on the night. Also, the eleven total hits off Dickey was the most he’s given up as a Met.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- R.A. Dickey pitched 5.3 innings, giving-up eleven hits, six earned-runs, zero walks, while striking-out two batters. It was his fifth loss of the season.
- Mike O’Connor threw 2/3 of a scoreless inning, keeping his seasonal ERA at 0.00.
- Jose Reyes collected two hits, including a double, and RBI-single.
- Jason Bay did not record a hit, but he did draw three walks.
- David Wright stole his ninth base of the season.
- Dan Murphy smacked his third home-run of 2011.