The Mets bid for a sweep was wiped off the table, as the Dodgers–led by Clayton Kershaw–downed the Mets, 4-2. Kershaw, predictably, pitched a terrific game, throwing 6.6 innings, giving-up 6 hits, 1 earned-run, 3 walks, while striking out 8 batters. The Mets made things interesting in the bottom of the ninth when Jose Reyes tripled-in Dan Murphy, but newly-tapped closer, Vicente Padilla, eventually closed the door for his second save.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- R.A. Dickey hurled 7 innings, giving-up 10 hits, 3 earned-runs, 2 walks, and striking out 3. he was saddled with his fourth loss.
- Mike O’Connor relieved 2 stellar innings of no-hit/no-run ball, while striking out 2 batters.
- Jose Reyes went 2-5, with a RBI triple in the bottom of the ninth.
- Justin Turner went 1-3 with a walk, and his first stolen base of 2011.
- David Wright didn’t record a hit, but did draw two walks.
- Ronny Paulino went 2-4 with a RBI-single.
- Scott Hairston went 2-3 with two singles.
- Dan Murphy has a pinch-hit single the ninth, and scored on Reyes’ triple.