As expected, Tim Lincecum had the Mets’ number. The dominant righty held the mets to just five hits, no runs, and three walks, while striking out twelve batters in seven innings. Chris Capuano didn’t pitch too bad himself, but the Mets bats couldn’t get to Lincecum. The loss drops the Mets record to 12-18.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dan Murphy hit his seventh double of the season.
- David Wright recorded a walk and his seventh stolen base.
- Carlos Beltran collected two hits against Lincecum, including his eleventh double.
- Ronny Paulino got the start over Josh Thole, and responded with two hits.
- Chris Capuano pitched a solid 6.3 innings, giving up two earned-runs on eight hits, three walks, while striking out five batters. He took the loss, and is now 2-3 on the season.