Rising Apple analyzed and uncovered a plethora of great New York Mets-related material last week. In case you missed it, enjoy a condensed round-up of all the hard work from writers Ben Berkon, Matt Kaufman, and Aaron Leibowitz.
Injuries, Recaps, News
- The Mets took two games from the Washington Nationals and won the series finale against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Berkon chatted with Justin Klugh, the lead Phillies blogger of That Balls Outta Here, about this, that, and the other.
A Deeper Look
- You might be digging yourself in a hole if you claim a player being paid $119 million is underrated, but Kaufman made that point about Carlos Beltran.
- Beating up on the Astros and the Nationals is dandy, but Kaufman asserts that the true sign of greatness would be beating one (or two) of the Phillies’ aces.
- Chris Capuano was signed to be a starter and has been one for his entire career, but Berkon thinks his place should be in the Mets bullpen.
- The Mets made the surprising move to keep Dillon Gee in the majors as a reliever, so Leibowitz took a look back at other past Mets starters who were forced to pitch out of the ‘pen.
- With Mike Pelfrey struggling yet again, Kaufman questioned whether he deserved a major league roster spot.