Despite being on the verge of nabbing their seventh game in a row, and second consecutive sweep, the Mets were out-dueled by the Nationals, 4-3. Starter Chris Capuano pitched 5.6 innings, giving up ten hits, four earned-runs, zero walks, and two strikeouts. He was handed his second loss of the season, but it was very hard-fought. The Mets offensive standouts were Jose Reyes, Ike Davis, and Josh Thole.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Chris Capuano pitched 5.6 innings, giving up ten hits, four earned-runs, zero walks, and two strikeouts. His ERA is now at 6.04.
- Pedro Beato is still scoreless on the season (fourteen innings).
- Jose Reyes went 2-3 with a RBI, double, run scored, and no outbursts.
- David Wright knocked in a RBI on a ground-out.
- Ike Davis went 2-4, with a double, RBI, and run scored. Davis now has nineteen RBI on the season.
- Josh Thole seems to be out of his slump, smacking three base hits.
- Chin-lung Hu stole his first base of the season.