Saturday in Montreal, the Mets took on the Blue Jays at Olympic Stadium in their spring training finale.
That homer turned out to be the difference.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka tossed five scoreless innings, allowing 5 hits, walking none, and striking out 8.
- Eric Young, Jr. went 1 for 2 with a walk.
- David Wright went 0 for 3.
- Travis d’Arnaud went 0 for 2.
- Ruben Tejada went 0 for 3.
- Kyle Farnsworth pitched a perfect inning, striking out 1.
- Jose Valverde walked 1 in 2/3 of an inning.
Spring training is over!
The Mets will head to New York after the game and will have a workout at Citi Field Sunday.