Wednesday in Kissimmee, the Mets took on the Astros.
Anthony Recker broke a scoreless tie in the top of the fifth, crushing a two-run homer to put the Mets on top 2-0.
In the top of the sixth, Juan Lagares smoked an RBI single to increase New York’s lead to 3-0.
Three Mets relievers gave the lead back in the seventh, issuing three walks and six hits as the Astros plated seven runs to take a 7-3 lead.
Right after coughing up the lead, the Mets put three runs on the board in the top of the eighth to draw within 7-6.
The Astros scratched two runs across in the bottom of the eighth to take a 9-6 lead and close out the scoring.
- Dillon Gee was spectacular in his final spring training start, tossing 6 hitless innings. Gee walked 1 and struck out 7.
- Anthony Recker hit a 2-run homer. Overall, he went 2 for 4 with a run scored and 2 RBI’s.
- Juan Lagares went 3 for 4 with a run scored and an RBI.
- John Lannan walked 2 batters while failing to record an out in the 7th. He was charged with 2 runs.
- Gonzalez Germen gave up 2 runs on a hit and a walk in 0.1 inning of work.
- Carlos Torres gave up 3 runs on 5 hits in 0.2 innings of work.
- Jose Valverde gave up 2 runs in an inning of work.
The Mets host the Nationals tomorrow at 12:10 PM. Cory Mazzoni gets the start for New York.