The Mets prevailed by a 10-2 final, utilizing power at the plate, and strong pitching by their starter, and reliever Kyle Farnsworth. Ike Davis homered on his 27th birthday. His was just one of three Mets home runs on the day.
LF – Eric Young Jr.
2B – Anthony Seratelli
3B – David Wright
CF – Chris Young
1B – Ike Davis
SS – Wilmer Flores
C – Travis d’Arnaud
SP – Bartolo Colon
- top 2nd inning: Chris Young led off by drawing a walk. With two outs, Travis d’Arnaud homered to left field.
- Top 4th inning: Chris Young doubled, Ike Davis drew a walk, and Wilmer Flores homered to left field.
- Bot 4th inning: Giancarlo Stanton doubled, and scored on a home run by Garrett Jones.
- Top 5th inning: Chris Young singled and stole second base. Wilmer Flores’ one out ground ball single to left scored Young. Bartolo Colon’s ground ball single to left field scored Flores all the way from first base to make it a 7-2 game in the Mets favor.
- Top 7th inning: Curtis Granderson was hit by a pitch, and replaced on the bases by Kirk Nieuwenhuis. Chris Young then hit a one out double, sending Nieuwenhuis to third. With Ike Davis batting, a wild pitch allowed Nieuwenhuis to score. Ike Davis then connected on a home run to right field, giving the Mets a 10-2 lead.
- Bartolo Colon threw 6.2 innings, and allowed 2 earned runs on 5 hits. He yielded one home run, no walks, and struck out 3 batters. He took his at-bat in the top of the 7th, and surprisingly came out to pitch the bottom of the inning. Upon securing two outs, Terry Collins removed him from the game, after having thrown 83 pitches. Colon faced 25 batters and had an 11 to 4 ground out to fly out rate. Over one stretch, he threw 17 strikes in a row.
- Chris Young – 3 for 3, 2 doubles, walk.
- Wilmer Flores – 3 for 4, 4 RBI.
- Ike Davis hit a home run on his 27th birthday. The Mets (d’Arnaud, Flores) hit 3 home runs for the game.
- Eric Young – batting lead-off; 1 for 3, walk, 2 stolen bases.
- Anthony Seratelli – 0 for 4, error in field.
- Kyle Farnsworth relieved Bartolo Colon in the 7th, and struck out his batter to end the inning. He then pitched a scoreless 8th inning.
- Reliever German Gonzalez pitched a scoreless 9th inning.
The Mets will play split squad games on Sunday. One group will visit the Atlanta Braves in a 1:05pm start. The other group will host the Washington Nationals in a 1:10pm start.