Tuesday in Port St. Lucie, the Mets took on the Tigers.
The Mets tied things at 1 in the bottom of the second when Eric Campbell homered to left.
The Mets drew closer in the bottom of the fifth when Chris Young rifled an RBI double off the center field wall.
With runners on second and third and one out in the bottom of the sixth, Wilmer Flores tapped an RBI infield single to third to get the Mets within 4-3. After Travis d’Arnaud walked to lead the bases, a wild pitch allowed the Mets to tie things at 4.
With the game tied at 4 in the bottom of the ninth, Omar Quintanilla drew a leadoff walk and was pinch run for by Anthony Seratelli. With Andrew Brown batting, Seratelli stole second base and advanced to third when the throw to second sailed into center field. Brown then ripped a single to left center to drive in Seratelli and give the Mets a 5-4 victory.
- Diasuke Matsuzaka gave up 4 runs on 7 hits over 5 innings pitched. He walked 1 and struck out 5.
- Eric Young, Jr. went 0 for 4. He’s hitting .241 this spring.
- Juan Lagares went 2 for 4 with a stolen base and a run scored. He’s hitting .306 this spring.
- David Wright went 1 for 4.
- Curtis Granderson went 1 for 4, but struck out 3 times.
- Wilmer Flores went 1 for 4 with an RBI.
- Travis d’Arnaud went 0 for 2 with a pair of walks.
- Jeurys Familia worked around a walk and a single in a scoreless inning. He’s yet to allow a run this spring.
- Bobby Parnell tossed a scoreless 9th.
The Mets are off Wednesday. They return to action Thursday at 1:10 PM when they host the Braves in Port St. Lucie.
Tags: New York Mets