Today, the Mets’ 2014 regular season schedule was released. It can be viewed in its entirety here.
The team will open the season on March 31st against the Nationals at Citi Field, and will close the season at home with an interleague series against the Astros from September 26th to 28th.
The Mets have four west coast trips of varying length – one each in April, June, July, and August.
Here are some more highlights:
- 16 of the Mets’ first 27 games will be at home, but they’ll get some early tests. Of those 27 games, 13 will likely be against teams who were Playoff participants in 2013 (Cincinnati, Atlanta, and St. Louis).
- The Mets will again play 4 games against the Yankees. The games will be May 12th through May 15th. The first 2 are at Yankee stadium, the second 2 are at Citi Field.
- The Mets will be on the road a ton in June, as 19 of their 27 games will come away from Citi Field.
- The Mets have 2 long road trips scheduled, both of the 10 game variety. One of those trips will go from late May to early June, and the other will be right after the All-Star break in July.
- 13 of the Mets’ final 19 games will be at home.