Ladies and gentlemen, here is today’s Top Ten list!
Today’s category: Top Ten Things Overheard on the Subway Ride from Citi Field to Yankee Stadium
It’s been a heck of a Subway Series this year for our New York Mets, as they’ve taken two, count ‘em, two thrilling 2-1 decisions from the crosstown New York Yankees. Today and tomorrow they’ll leave the comfort of Queens for a pair of games in the Bronx. For outsiders like me who are wondering what the quickest way is to get from Citi Field to Yankee Stadium, all you have to do is take the 7-Line to Grand Central Station, then transfer to the No. 4 and take it to “The House Next to Where the House That Ruth Built is Now a Parking Lot.” Not really the best of nicknames. Or easiest to say…
Top Ten Things Overheard on the Subway Ride from Citi Field to Yankee Stadium
10. Road trip!
9. Will the Yankees honor our 40-year-old reliever, LaTroy Hawkins?
8. Hooray! It’s Jeremy Hefner Day!
7. So do you guys get “access” to Mr. Yankee if you’re a co-owner?
6. Sorry, CC, there’s no eating on the train anymore.
4. We’re Giants fans and got lost…who’s up against Maglie today?
3. Sewer gator! Run!
2. It would save so much time hopping on a Matt Harvey fastball.
What did you hear on your trek from one Borough to the other? The comments section is yours.