Ladies and gentlemen, here is today’s Top Ten list!
Today’s category: Top Ten Things to Do in the Snow During a Baseball Game
The New York Mets were up in Minnesota last weekend, winning two games over the Twins and having another snowed out until August 19. This week the team goes West (young man) to take on the Colorado Rockies in what’s sure to be another snowy affair in Denver. So today, we here at Rising Apple are doing the public service of providing Mets fans who may be making the trek to the mile-high city with things they can do during a mid-April baseball game that looks more like next year’s Meadowlands Super Bowl.
Top Ten Things to Do in the Snow During a Baseball Game
10. Turn spitballs into icicle balls
9. Pass Shake Shack off as hot soup
8. Make Snow-Mets instead of Snow-Angels
7. Set up a toboggan ride down the bleachers
6. Make your DH earn some extra money shoveling the basepaths between innings
5. Stay in the dugout, order in pizza, watch Rookie of the Year
4. Confuse the outfielders: when there’s a flyball, everyone in the stands throws snowballs
3. Look for the one with the stitches
2. Build a snowman in left field – he can’t fare any worse out there than Duda
What other experiences have you had going to wintry editions of our National Pastime? Post your suggestions in the comments section below, along with your ideas for future Rising Apple Top Tens.