Ladies and gentlemen, here is today’s Top Ten list!
Today’s category: Top Ten Thoughts Going Through John Buck’s Mind During His Hot Streak
One of the big reasons the Mets have started out healthily at 4-2 is that John Buck is playing like a man on fire. Through six games in the young season (including five starts at catcher), he has hit .400 with a pair of home runs, a National League-leading nine RBIs, a 1.141 OPS, and some surprising hustle on the base paths. So here now, we have ten things that were going through John’s head as he was going, ahem, “Buck Wild” last week.
Top Ten Thoughts Going Through John Buck’s Mind During His Hot Streak
9. I played in Miami; you call this a big ballpark?
8. What do you mean Mayor Bloomberg’s outlawed public spitting?
7. Wow, 44 must be a lucky number! What happened to the last guy who wore it?
6. 1-877-KARS-4-KIDS, K-A-R-S Kars-4-Kids…
5. How do you even pronounce “D’Arnaud”?
4. Will someone turn that God-forsaken Kars-4-Kids ad off?!?
3. Predator Drone, run for your lives! …Oh wait, that’s just LaGuardia.
2. Oh my God, Jay Leno’s been fired again!
1. Hey, I guess I’m pretty good at this baseball thing!
Did you have your psychic machine aligned to Buck’s brainwaves? Post what you heard in the comments section below, along with your ideas for future Rising Apple Top Tens.