Ladies and gentlemen, here is tonight’s Top Ten list!
Toady’s category: Top Ten Things Overheard in the Mets Clubhouse on Opening Day
Well we’ve finally come to the start of the 2013 Major League season. The Mets continued their baseball’s-best success on Opening Day, defeating the Padres 11-2 behind the arm of Jonathon Niese and the bat of Collin Cowgill. You folks are in luck: Rising Apple had people on the scene. This is a real first-class case of investigative journalism, everyone: of all the things they overheard on the field, of all the things they heard, these are ten of them.
Top Ten Things Overheard in the Mets Clubhouse on Opening Day
10. Hey, Rusty, think you can stick around and fill in in left?
9. Pace yourself, Ike – at this rate you’ll strike out 648 times.
8. We’d better win ’cause otherwise Terry will make us write an essay about what we did on our winter vacation.
7. Leave a locker open for Sidd Finch…maybe this year.
6. Doesn’t Buck know an April Fool’s joke when he sees one? –Tim Teufel
5. Who’s the leader of the club that’s made for you and me? – Sorry, that’s things overheard in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
4. Strasburg pitched a shutout and Harper hit two homers? Oh, what’s the use…
3. Hey look, I found Keith’s mustache!
2. Christopher Walken, stop exploring the space in center field!
1. Hey – we’re in first! Can we stop the season now?
What did you overhear at Opening Day? Post it in the comments section below, along with your ideas for future Rising Apple Top Tens.