News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- According to the New York Post, Jenrry Mejia has forearm tendinitis.
- Daniel Murphy (intercostal strain) is playing second base today in a minor league game. It’s his first game action since being shut down early in camp. According to Adam Rubin, though Murphy is participating in the game, he isn’t getting plate appearances.
- In the Daily News, Andy Martino writes that if Lucas Duda doesn’t start to produce at a higher level, Jordany Valdespin will “push him” and may take his job as the starting left fielder.
- This morning, the Mets reassigned Wilmer Flores, Josh Satin, and Carlos Torres to minor league camp.
- The Mets travel to Disney to take on the Braves this afternoon at 1:05 PM. The game won’t be on local TV or radio, but can be followed via MLB Gameday. Here’s the Mets’ lineup:
- Jordany Valdespin, 2B
- Ruben Tejada, SS
- Collin Cowgill, CF
- Lucas Duda, LF
- John Buck, C
- Mike Baxter, RF
- Zach Lutz, 1B
- Brandon Hicks, 3B
- Jeremy Hefner, RHP
- David Wright was scratched from the Team USA lineup last night, minutes before the game was to begin. He sought treatment for soreness in his ribcage area, and is en route to New York to be examined by team doctors. He’s expected to fly back to Port St. Lucie tomorrow.
Tags: New York Mets