News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- According to Adam Rubin, Pedro Feliciano served up a leadoff homer and hit a batter in his inning of work in today’s “B” game. His fastball was sitting between 82 and 83 MPH.
- Per the beat writers, LaTroy Hawkins gave up a run during his first inning in today’s “B” game. He walked one, struck out none, and made an error. He came back out for a second inning of work and tossed a scoreless frame.
- Shaun Marcum tossed two scoreless innings in today’s “B” game. He gave up two hits, walked one, and struck out one. According to Adam Rubin, his fastball sat between 84 and 85 MPH, touching 86. Marcum isn’t a hard thrower by any means, so his velocity today was just a tick below normal.
- On Mets.com, Anthony DiComo profiles Dillon Gee and his return from the blood clot that prematurely ended his 2012 season.
- The Mets are technically off today, but there are three pitchers to keep an eye on in today’s “B” game against the Marlins at 11 AM. Shaun Marcum, LaTroy Hawkins, and Pedro Feliciano are all scheduled to pitch. This is Feliciano’s first game action since his heart issue cropped up. Both Marcum and Hawkins have been taking it slow this spring by design.