News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis underwent an MRI that confirmed no structural damage, just a bruised left knee. He’s been prescribed anti-inflammatories.
- Per the beat writers, Zack Wheeler is expected to toss a few bullpen sessions in the coming days. If all goes well, he should be back in game action in about a week.
- According to Marc Carig, Johan Santana is long tossing. Santana threw from the mound yesterday.
- Per Adam Rubin, outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis (who was injured yesterday sliding into second base) will have an MRI this morning on his left knee.
- The Mets host the Braves this afternoon at 1:10 PM in a game that will air on SNY. Here’s today’s lineup:
- Matt den Dekker, CF
- Collin Cowgill, DH
- Ike Davis, 1B
- Marlon Byrd, RF
- Lucas Duda, LF
- Travis d’Arnaud, C
- Justin Turner, 2B
- Zach Lutz, 3B
- Ruben Tejada, SS
Topics: New York Mets