News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- Pedro Feliciano has been cleared to resume baseball activities. The pitcher stated last week that he had a hole on the outside of his heart, but that wasn’t the case. Feliciano was diagnosed with a genetic heart condition. Read about it here.
- Per Terry Collins, the plan is to have Zack Wheeler (oblique stiffness) throw a bullpen session in five days, and have him back in game action in eight days.
- Here’s tonight’s Mets lineup as they visit the Nationals at 6:05 PM (the game can be seen on the MLB Network)-
- Jordany Valdespin, 2B
- Collin Cowgill, CF
- Mike Baxter, RF
- Andrew Brown, DH
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis, LF
- Travis d’Arnaud, C
- Brandon Hicks, 1B
- Omar Quintanilla, SS
- Brian Bixler, 3B
RHP Rafael Montero gets the start.
- The Mets have announced the acts for this season’s Post-Game Concert Series at Citi Field. Foreigner, Nas, OAR (Of a Revolution) and Third Eye Blind will all be performing after Friday night games. Click here for info.
- David Wright will be on ESPN New York radio at 12:45 PM. You can listen here. Hat tip to Adam Rubin.
- Sandy Alderson held a conference call with bloggers last night. During the call, Alderson was both honest and informative, covering an array of topics. Amazin’ Avenue has a transcript right here.
- The Mets travel to Viera to take on the Nationals tonight at 6:05 PM. The game can be seen on the MLB Network.