News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- Left fielder Lucas Duda is working on a new stance. According to Adam Rubin, Terry Collins has intimated that the stance “is a significant change” for Duda.
- The Mets have announced the remainder of their promotional schedule, which includes three more bobblehead days.
- Adam Rubin is hosting his regular Thursday chat today at 2 PM. Head here to submit questions/follow along.
- Mets pitching prospect Rafael Montero, who is turning heads in camp, will be featured on tonight’s Mets Hot Stove on SNY.
- The head of the MLBPA, Michael Weiner, is at Mets camp today. He had the following to say about the Mets:
Everybody would like to see the Mets as a competitive team. And it’s going to require a higher payroll.
…I expect people to go nuts over this quote, but here’s the thing: It’s in Weiner’s best interest, as the head of the MLBPA, to have the Mets involved in negotiations for high priced free agents. His comments aren’t objective, they’re motive driven. Aside from that, I find Weiner’s remarks uncalled for. Maybe he should direct some of his attention to the Astros (who have a payroll around $20 million) before making snide remarks about the Mets.
- Tickets for tomorrow’s Mets intrasquad game are $6 dollars, and all proceeds will go to charity.
- It was reported yesterday that Jenrry Mejia may be allowed to report to camp in the coming days. According to Andy Martino, Mejia has finally received his visa and is expected to arrive at camp shortly.
- Per Anthony DiComo of Mets.com, Latroy Hawkins, Pedro Feliciano, Greg Burke, and Brandon Lyon are all scheduled to pitch during tomorrow’s intrasquad game.
Topics: New York Mets