News and notes will be emerging throughout the day. This post will be updated as new pieces of information come in (newest at the top)…
- As nearly every writer has reported, Frank Francisco has been shut down with elbow inflammation.
- In an article for Mets.com, Anthony DiComo speaks with outfielders Lucas Duda, Mike Baxter, and Collin Cowgill.
- According to the beat writers on Twitter, Santana still wants to pitch for Venezuela in the WBC. Regardless of whether or not Santana wants to represent his country, the odds of it happening are slim. Adam Rubin points out that Santana would have to be insured by Venezuela in order to pitch. Even if that hurdle is cleared, Rubin quotes Santana as saying he would defer to the Mets if they asked him not to pitch in the WBC, which they would certainly do.
- Johan Santana has arrived at camp and is currently long-tossing. Here’s a picture from Adam Rubin on Twitter.
- According to Andy Martino on Twitter, the Mets are open to a trade in light of the fact that they just missed out on Michael Bourn. Martino points out, though, that the team is more likely to go with the outfielders already in camp. He also notes that the Mets don’t appear to be interested in Indians outfielder Drew Stubbs.
- Terry Collins will be holding his first full news conference of 2013 this afternoon at 12:30. It will be carried live on SNY. Rising Apple will have a transcript/reaction once Collins’ news conference concludes.
Topics: New York Mets