In game one, the Mets couldn’t help but come back. Despite being tied 2-2 into the ninth, the Mets offense didn’t back down against the Giants heavily-bearded closer. Scott Hairston started the rally with a solo shot of Brian Wilson. Angel Pagan reached second on an error, and then stole third base. Carlos Beltran singled Pagan in, and scored himself on a Nick Evans single. Mets starter R. A. Dickey didn’t factor into the win, but he should have. Dickey hurled seven innings, allowing seven hits, two earned-runs, zero walks, and four strikeouts. Pedro Beato got the win, and Francicso Rodriguez closed the door for his twenty-third save.
In game two, the Mets hitters had a little more difficulty with Tim Lincecum than they did with Ryan Vogelsong. Despite scoring a run in the first inning, it would be the last one they’d score all game. Lincecum only surrendered four hits total, before his bullpen completely shutdown the Mets with three scoreless innings. Chris Capuano pitched a solid game, but lacked command. The lefty threw six innings, giving-up four hits, two earned-runs, four walks, and five strikeouts. The Mets are now 46-44 going into the game today.
METS GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS:
- R. A. Dickey pitched seven innings, giving-up just seven hits, two earned-runs, zero walks, and four strikeouts. He did not factor into the decision.
- Tim Byrdak, Pedro Beato, and Francisco Rodriguez shut-down the Giants hitters in relief. K-Rod notched his twenty-third save.
- Angel Pagan went 1-5 with a homerun, scoring two runs and collecting two RBI. The centerfielder swiped his eighteenth stole base as well.
- Carlos Beltran went 3-5 with a key RBI single in the ninth inning.
- Jason Bay went hitless, but drew two walks.
- Scott Hairston has a clutch pinch-hit solo shot to put the Mets ahead 3-2.
METS GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS:
- Chris Capuano hurled six innings, surrendering four hits, two earned-runs, four walks, and five strikeouts. His record is now 8-8 with the loss.
- Bobby Parnell had an uncharacteristically bad inning. The hard-throwing righty let-up two hits and an earned-run.
- Mets hitters only had four hits, but all of them were doubles. Carlos Beltran, Dan Murphy, Justin Turner, and Josh Thole provided the lumber.
Tags: Ben Berkon Chris Capuano Derek Jeter 3000 Francisco Rodriguez Giants K-Rod Mets Mets Game 1 Highlights Mets Game 1 Recap Mets Game 2 Highlights Mets Game 2 Recap Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Giants Mets Giants Game 1 Highlights Mets Giants Game 1 Recap Mets Giants Game 2 Highlights Mets Giants Game 2 Recap Mets Giants Game Highlights Mets Giants Game Recap Mets Giants Highlights Mets Giants Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Game 1 Highlights New York Mets Game 1 Recap New York Mets Game 2 Highlights New York Mets Game 2 Recap New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights New York Mets San Francisco Giants New York Mets San Francisco Giants Game 1 Highlights New York Mets San Francisco Giants Game 1 Recap New York Mets San Francisco Giants Game 2 Highlights New York Mets San Francisco Giants Game 2 Recap New York Mets San Francisco Giants Game Highlights New York Mets San Francisco Giants Game Recap New York Mets San Francisco Giants Highlights New York Mets San Francisco Giants Recap Pedro Beato R.A. Dickey Rising Apple San Francisco San Francisco Giants Scott Hairston Pinch Hit Homerun