After a demoralizing almost sweep by the Yankees last series, the Mets needed to get off on the right foot against the Dodgers. And they did–even without Jose Reyes. Chris Capuano pitched a great game, hurling six innings, giving-up six hits, two earned-runs, two walks, while striking-out five batters. Angel Pagan picked up the leadoff slack, going 2-5 with two doubles, a RBI, and two runs-scored. Carlos Beltran, Dan Murphy, Jason Bay, and Lucas Duda all provided RBI as well. Francisco Rodriguez closed things out for his twenty-first save. The win kept the Mets above .500 (43-42).
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Chris Capuano pitched six innings, giving-up six hits, two earned-runs, two walks, while striking-out five batters. It was his eighth win in 2011.
- Bobby Parnell lowered his ERA to 2.78 with two scoreless innings, including two strikeouts.
- Francisco Rodriguez allowed a hit, but settled down to notch his twenty-first save.
- Angel Pagan, Carlos Beltran, and Dan Murphy all collected doubles–Pagan smacking two.
- Ruben Tejada, who started at shortstop in place of Jose Reyes, went 2-4 with a run-scored.
Tags: Angel Pagan Ben Berkon Bobby Parnell Carlos Beltran Chris Capuano Dodgers Francisco Rodriguez Jose Reyes Los Angeles Los Angeles Dodgers Lucas Duda Mets Mets Dodgers Mets Dodgers Game 1 Highlights Mets Dodgers Game 1 Recap Mets Dodgers Game Highlights Mets Dodgers Game Recap Mets Dodgers Highlights Mets Dodgers Recap Mets Game 1 Highlights Mets Game 1 Recap Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Game 1 Highlights New York Mets Game 1 Recap New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights Rising Apple Ruben Tejada