Terry Collins arguably won the game for the Mets last night. Collins made three pivotal and correct managerial moves in the seventh inning: 1) keeping Niese in 2) pulling Beato after the walk, and 3) using Byrdak against McCann and Hernandez.
Aside from Collins, several Mets had big-time games. On the pitching side, Niese hurled 6.3 innings, giving-up just five hits, two earned-runs, zero walks, while striking-out four batters, and K-Rod shut the door with his 19th save. On the offensive side, Jose Reyes collected three hits, two runs, and two stolen bases. On the defensive side, Lucas Duda made at least two stellar places at first base. The contributions from all sides of the diamond resulted in a much-needed, and big time win.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jonathon Niese pitched 6.3 quality innings, giving-up five hits, two earned-runs, zero walks, and striking-out four. It was his sixth win of the season. Niese owns a 1.58 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, and 3.36 K/BB since May 18.
- Jose Reyes went 3-5 with two runs-scored, RBI, and two stolen bases. Reyes now has 22 stolen bases in 2011.
- Willie Harris, who was hitting in the two hole, collected a single, two walks, a run-scored, and a stolen base.
- Carlos Beltran chipped-in his 40th RBI this season, and swiped his second bag.
- Tim Byrdak sat-down lefty Brian McCann and righty Diory Hernandez.
- Francisco Rodriguez saved his 19th game, and collected his 26th finished game.
Tags: Angel Pagan Ben Berkon Jon Niese Jose Reyes Mets Mets Braves Mets Braves Game 1 Highlights Mets Braves Game 1 Recap Mets Braves Game Highlights Mets Braves Game Recap Mets Braves Highlights Mets Braves Recap Mets Game 1 Highlights Mets Game 1 Recap Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Game 1 Highlights New York Mets Game 1 Recap New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights Niese Pedro Beato Rising Apple Terry Collins Tim Byrdak Willie Harris