The Mets couldn’t touch starter Shaun Marcum, but they did do some damage about the ‘pen. Jose Reyes drove-in two RBI on a triple–and they were the only runs the Mets needed to defeat the Brewers. Former cheesehead Chris Capuano pitched a fab game, hurling six innings of six-hit, one earned-run ball. He also walked two and struck-out five batters. The win puts the Mets just two games below the .500 mark.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Chris Capuano pitched six innings, giving-up six hits, one earned-run, two walks, while striking-out five. It was his fourth win of 2011.
- The Mets bullpen (Pedro Beato, Jason Isringhausen, and Francisco Rodriguez) combined for three scoreless innings.
- Francisco Rodriguez recorded his seventeenth save. He also struck-out two batters in one inning of work.
- Jose Reyes was the offensive hero for the Mets, driving-in two RBI off a triple. It was his eleventh triple of the season.
- Angel Pagan went 1-3 with a walk and his seventh stolen-base.
- Ruben Tejada upped his average to .317 with two hits (including a double).
Tags: Angel Pagan Ben Berkon Capuano Chris Capuano Francisco Rodriguez Jason Isringhausen Jose Reyes K-Rod Mets Mets Brewers Mets Brewers Game 1 Highlights Mets Brewers Game 1 Recap Mets Brewers Game Highlights Mets Brewers Game Recap Mets Brewers Highlights Mets Brewers Recap Mets Game 1 Highlights Mets Game 1 Recap Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Series Highlights Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Game 1 Highlights New York Mets Game 1 Recap New York Mets Game Highlights New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers Game 1 Highlights New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers Game 1 Recap New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers Game Highlights New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers Game Recap New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers Highlights New York Mets Milwaukee Brewers Recap New York Mets Recap New York Mets Series Highlights New York Mets Series Recap Pedro Beato Rising Apple Ruben Tejada