Dillon Gee was everything and more last night. The youngster improved to 5-0 by throwing seven innings, giving-up five hits, three earned-runs, zero walks, and striking-out eight batters. Command has been Gee’s biggest hurdle despite his win-heavy record, but his 8 K’s/0 BB’s epitomized command. While the Mets were without Jose Reyes (due to his grandmother’s death), the Mets offense didn’t skip a beat. Everyone except Willie Harris recorded a hit, and six Mets players had multi-hit games.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Dillon Gee pitched seven innings, giving-up just five hits, three earned-run, no walks, all while striking-out eight batters. Gee improved to 5-0 with the win.
- Francisco Rodriguez pitched the ninth, even though it was not a save situation. Remember, if K-Rod just finishes 55 games, his $17.5 million option will automatically become guaranteed. He is currently on-pace to finish 61 games.
- Justin Turner, Carlos Beltran, Dan Murphy, Angel Pagan, and Ruben Tejada all had multi-hit games.
- Thole has collected seven RBI over his past four games.
- Willie Harris, who played third base and subbed for Jose Reyes in the lead-off spot, was the only Mets hitter (besides Dillon Gee) to not record a hit.
Tags: Angel Pagan Ben Berkon Dillon Gee Francisco Rodriguez Gee Jose Reyes Justin Turner Mets Mets Game 1 Highlights Mets Game 1 Recap Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Highlights Mets Pirates Mets Pirates Game 1 Highlights Mets Pirates Game 1 Recap Mets Pirates Game Highlights Mets Pirates Game Recap Mets Pirates Highlights Mets Pirates Recap Mets Recap Mets Series Highlights Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Game 1 Highlights New York Mets Game 1 Recap New York Mets Game Highlights New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights New York Mets Recap New York Mets Series Highlights New York Mets Series Recap Pirates Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Pirates Rising Apple Ruben Tejada