The injury bug continues to haunt the Mets. After just two-and-two-thirds innings, R.A. Dickey succumbed to a foot injury while attempting to cover first base on a groundball. In Dicket’s place, the bullpen did not exactly put away hitters. Pedro Beato, Pat Misch, Tim Byrdak, and Jason Isringhausen combined for thirteen hits, eight earned-runs, one walk, and five strikeouts. Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano silenced the Mets offense, allowing only one earned-run. The loss drops the Mets down to 23-26.
METS GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- R.A. Dickey pitched 2.6 innings, giving-up four hits, zero earned-runs, zero walks, and one strike-out. He left the game in the third inning after injuring his foot covering first base on a ground ball. The knuckleballer is currently walking in a boot, and will continued to be evaluated.
- Despite not allowing an earned-run in his first 18.6 innings, Pedro Beato has now surrendered five earned-runs in his last 1.6 innings of work.
- Aside from Taylor Buchholz and Francisco Rodriguez, the rest of the bullpen combined for thirteen hits, eight earned-runs, one walk, and five strikeouts.
- Jose Reyes went 2-4 with a double, walk, and a run-scored.
- Dan Murphy hit his ninth double of the season, and added two singles as well.
- Jason Pridie went 1-3 with his first career triple.
Tags: Ben Berkon Chicago Chicago Cubs Cubs Dickey Dickey Injury Jason Pridie Jose Reyes Mets Mets Cubs Mets Cubs Game 3 Highlights Mets Cubs Game 3 Recap Mets Cubs Game Highlights Mets Cubs Game Recap Mets Cubs Highlights Mets Cubs Recap Mets Game 3 Highlights Mets Game 3 Recap Mets Game Highlights Mets Game Recap Mets Highlights Mets Recap Mets Series Highlights Mets Series Recap New York New York Mets New York Mets Game 3 Highlights New York Mets Game 3 Recap New York Mets Game Highlights New York Mets Game Recap New York Mets Highlights New York Mets Recap New York Mets Series Highlights New York Mets Series Recap Pat Misch Pedro Beato Pridie Triple R.A. Dickey R.A. Dickey Injury Rising Apple